Opportunities at a Glance
In order to attract and maintain a strong, talented workforce, the Federal government offers traditional and contemporary benefits to its employees, retirees, and their families. Look and you will see that our salaries are competitive.
TTB is an exciting place to work and learn. Our offices are located nationwide, including Puerto Rico. In addition, many of our staff telework full time. We employ people in a variety of challenging careers, such as chemists, investigators, alcohol and tobacco tax specialists, writers, auditors, attorneys, labeling specialists, and analysts. TTB also welcomes students seeking an enriching job experience.
To see the latest job opportunities at TTB, or for information on other Federal job opportunities, please click on the link below:
TTB's main functions are:
- Regulating the alcohol and tobacco industries, including issuing permits and conducting compliance checks and tax audits
- Preventing misleading labeling or advertising of alcohol beverages
- Conducting laboratory analysis of alcohol and tobacco products
- Collecting alcohol and tobacco excise taxes - TTB collects more than $23 billion in taxes each year!
- Main TTB Headquarters in Washington, DC
- National Revenue Center in Cincinnati, OH
- National Laboratory Center in Beltsville, MD
- Compliance Laboratory in Walnut Creek, CA
- Six Field Offices for TTB Investigators
- Six Field Offices for TTB Auditors
The Student Employment Program
All vacancies for students are announced through USAJOBS. Please access that web site and apply for any vacancy in which you are interested. Most of our student vacancies are located in Cincinnati, OH.