Market Compliance Office
The Market Compliance Office monitors the marketplace to ensure compliance with the alcohol beverage labeling, advertising, and trade practice regulations.
Information by Topic
What We Do
- Ensure that alcohol beverage advertisements comply with the Federal Alcohol Administration (FAA) Act and regulations. MCO offers pre-clearance services, reviews industry member websites and social media, and investigates complaints regarding advertising activities.
- Monitor alcohol beverages in the market place through the Alcohol Beverage Sampling Program. The sampling program helps ensure that products in the market place are accurately described on labels from both a consumer deception and revenue protection perspective.
- Monitor and respond to product safety issues involving adulterated or contaminated alcohol beverages, or other mislabeling issues involving alcohol beverages, and ensure these products do not enter or are removed from the U.S. marketplace.
- Respond to consumer complaints regarding alcohol beverage products, when necessary in conjunction with Trade Investigations Division's (TID) investigators and TTB's Scientific Services Division.
- Assist TID investigators in their investigation of FAA Act cases. This can include providing technical assistance regarding certificates of label approval (COLAs), U.S. Customs documentation, and advertising, formula, and labeling issues. MCO will also refer leads for compliance and product integrity investigations.
- Receive and respond to industry member questions and assess complaints concerning unlawful trade practices in conjunction with TID investigators.
MCO Customer Service Line
If you wish to reach us by phone, please use the following number:
When calling, you have several options:
1 = Consumer Complaints
2 = Trade Practices
3 = Product Recalls
4 = Advertising and all other calls