Blue Banner

Importer (IMP) (Alcohol)

Anyone wishing to become a beverage alcohol importer (IMP), importing into the United States beverage alcohol for commercial purposes (not for personal use), and subsequently distributing the imported beverage alcohol to wholesalers or retailers, must have a Federal Importer Basic Permit. The application and supporting documents are contained in the list below.



Information letter

Application Checklist & Requirements

TTB F 5000.8

Power of Attorney

TTB F 5000.9

Personnel Questionnaire

TTB F 5100.1

Signing Authority for Corporate and LLC Officials

Instructions for completion of Form 5100.24

TTB F 5100.24

Application for Basic Permit Under FAA Act




Application for Employer Identification Number

SS-4 Instructions

Application for Employer Identification Number Instructions

SS4 (Puerto Rico)


SS4 (Puerto Rico) Instructions


Part 1, FAA Act Regulations

Excerpts provided for your convenience

Back to Application Packet list.

Page last reviewed/updated: 09/04/2012

AccessibilityPrivacy PolicyNo FEAR ActReport Fraud
Contact WebmasterSite Feedback 

Stay Connected with TTB:

TTB Newsletter RSS Feeds Email Updates Events System Maintenance