Prohibition Agent Eliot Ness knows all there is to know about TTB and the regulated industries. Take a look below to see his answers to popular questions.
"What Other Alcohol-related Information is Available?"
Understanding the technical jargon and legal phrasing of the regulations may seem daunting at times, but regulatory compliance is a necessary part of successfully running your business. Luckily TTB.gov is here to help!
We work hard to make sure you have access to all the information you need to run a compliant business, but we understand that there are many laws and regulations besides our own that you must navigate before you can make your first sale. Because alcohol is regulated at the Federal, State and local levels, you will need to do some research on the requirements of all three.
While TTB may not be your only stop on your business journey, we are often one of your first, and in an effort to ease your entry into this field we have gathered together several helpful resources from both inside and outside of our agency.
- How do I get started in a TTB-regulated business?
- How do I get a Federal Basic Permit?
- What are the current requirements for filing the Special Occupational Tax (SOT)?
- Who can I contact for information about State Alcohol Beverage Control Agencies?
- Where can I learn more about Certificates of Label Approval?
- How do I comply with The Public Health Security and Bioterrorism Preparedness and Response Act of 2002 (the Bioterrorism Act)?
Visit the Eliot Knows Archives to see other popular questions and answers.