Regulations and Rulings Division
Director, Regulations & Rulings Division
The Regulations and Rulings Division (RRD) mission is to develop clear and concise regulations, policies, and procedures that implement TTB statutory responsibilities and to provide assistance, guidance, and foster voluntary compliance to our regulated industries.
What We Do
- Develop and publish new and amended TTB regulations to implement laws.
- Prepare and publish rulings, industry circulars, and other material concerning legal activities of the regulated industries.
- Address internal and external requests for advice and formulate policy positions on the interpretation and application of laws and regulations.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for processing TTB directives and publications.
- Respond to requests under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Privacy Act of 1974.
- Prescribe forms for use under the TTB regulations.
- Prepare information collection approval submissions under the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.