We at the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) are committed to making our website accessible to members of the public and to federal employees. We have created our Web following the provisions of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1998.
To assist in the viewing of Web pages, be sure to have a current browser (IE 5 or higher) and a current screen reader (JAWS® 3.7 or higher).
Overview of Section 508 Requirements
Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act (29 U.S.C. 794d), as amended in 1998, is a federal law that requires agencies to provide individuals with disabilities equal access to electronic information and data comparable to those who do not have disabilities, unless this would impose an undue burden on the agency. The Section 508 Standards are the technical requirements and criteria that are used to measure conformance within this law.
We are committed to making electronic and information technologies accessible to individuals with disabilities by meeting or exceeding the requirements of Section 508. Our approach to Section 508 compliance ensures people with disabilities have access which is comparable to those who do not have disabilities, and our commitment to accessibility includes content and online services provided through this website.
To meet this commitment we –
- Include Section 508 standards and requirements in our procurement process
- Include Section 508 standards and requirements in our development, implementation, and maintenance processes of our websites
- Develop and provide technical guidance, tools, and resources to assist with Section 508 compliance throughout the Bureau
- Train employees on the Section 508 standards and how to develop and buy accessible technology
- Communicate and raise awareness throughout the Bureau
Links to Third-Party Websites
Some pages on this website may contain links to third-party sites not managed by TTB. These sites may not adhere to the Section 508 standards. We are not responsible for the content and accessibility of those sites, their partners, or advertisers. For more information, see our linking policy.
Web Accessibility Problems
If you have difficulty obtaining information from any TTB.gov Web page, please contact our Section 508 Coordinator to get the material in another format; please contact us also if you have Section 508-related questions, comments, or suggestions for improvement. In your message, include the website address or URL of the Web page and the specific problems you have encountered.
- The U.S. Access Board provides information on the development of accessibility guidelines and standards for the built environment, transportation, communication, medical equipment, and information technology.
- The Section 508 Website provides Section 508 tools, resources, standards, and news for implementing Section 508.
- The Department of the Treasury is TTB's parent agency and it ensures that its components implement Section 508 through collaboration, continuous improvements, and implementation of best practices throughout the Department.