Certification/Exemption of Label/Bottle Approval (COLA)
The Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) implements and enforces a broad range of statutory and compliance provisions to ensure that alcohol products are created, labeled, and marketed in accordance with Federal laws and regulations.
Alcohol producers must apply for a Certification/Exemption of Label/Bottle Approval (COLA) and follow the labeling and advertising regulations found below.
- 27 CFR Part 13, Labeling Proceedings
- 27 CFR Part 4, Labeling and Advertising of Wine
- 27 CFR Part 5, Labeling and Advertising of Distilled Spirits
- 27 CFR Part 7, Labeling and Advertising of Malt Beverages
- 27 CFR Part 16, Alcoholic Beverage Health Warning Statement
- TTB F 5100.31, Application for Certification/Exemption of Label/Bottle Approval (COLA)
- TTB F 5013.2, COLAs Online Access Request form
Apply Using COLAs Online
- COLAs Online Customer Page
- COLAs Online Login
- Frequent Questions about COLAs Online
- COLAs Online Weekly Statistics
Please visit the labeling and formulation FAQs for further information.