U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Choosing Which Records to Amend

Since records in Permits Online are divided between the information about each business entity/EIN and the commodity operations permits, registrations, or notices held by that entity, you must determine which type of amendment to file when you need to report changes to TTB.

Entity Amendments

The entity record contains the information specific to the business entity that is conducting TTB-regulated commodity operations.

Amend your entity record to report any of these changes:

Entity Amendments
Termination of all TTB-regulated operations under this EINChange of corporate officer, directors, or any titled positions
Change of the legal business nameChange of controlling ownership
Change of any partner or general partnerAdding, revoking, or changing signing authority or power of attorney
Change of any stockholder or members holding ownership of 10 percent or moreAdding or removing trade names 

Note: Any changes you make to the business entity information will automatically be applied (upon approval) to ALL permits, registrations, and notices you have on file with TTB for that EIN.  You don't need to file separate amendments to update each commodity operation record.

Note: You can preview the questions and information you'll need to supply when you log in to Permits Online to apply for an amended entity.

Commodity Operations Amendments

All of the information related to each TTB-regulated operation and business premises is contained in the commodity operations record, i.e., your permit, registration, or notice.

Amend your permit, registration, or notice record to report any of these changes:

The most common types of commodity operations amendments include*:
Termination of premises/location to officially end all operations at this location, but keep other operations/locations openChange in authorized operations
Change in bond coverageAdding or removing a variance or alternate method
Change in premises locationAdding or removing alternation of premises
Change in mailing address Adding or removing alternation of proprietor
Change to Doing Business As/Operating nameTransfer in bond (spirits and/or denatured spirits)

*This is not a full list of amendments that must be filed regarding changes to TTB permits, registrations, or notices.  For a complete list of all changes that must be reported to TTB please consult the applicable TTB regulations.

Note: You can preview the questions and information you'll need to supply when you log in to Permits Online to apply for an amended permit, registration, or notice.

See also How to Amend an Approved Permit, Registration, or Notice using Permits Online

Go back to the Permits Online Help Center



Permits Online makes it easy for you to electronically apply for and update the permit, registration, or notice you need to operate a TTB-regulated business. Once you have registered to use Permits Online, just log in and follow the instructions and prompts for submitting your application package. There is no fee to apply.



For more information on the permit application process, contact the TTB National Revenue Center (NRC) toll-free at 877-882-3277 / 877-TTB-FAQS or submit an online inquiry. For technical assistance with Permits Online see our TTB Online Help Center.

Tell us what you think. We are always looking for ways to better serve you. Please send us your comments.

Last updated: April 5, 2024
Maintained by: National Revenue Center