U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Permits Online Tutorials Part 1 AFP P2

Part One - What You Need To Know Before You Apply (Alcohol Fuel Plant)

Before starting your AFP application, you should gather the documentation that TTB will require you to upload with your application package.

Documentation to Gather Before You Apply

Distilled Spirits Bond- A bond is always required Medium and Large Plants and non-producing Small Plants TTB Form 5110.56, Distilled Spirits Plant Bond.  A bond is an insurance agreement pledging security of taxes, including penalties and interest, for which you may become liable.
For a Corporation  - A copy of your Articles of Incorporation and/or Certificate of IncorporationDocuments filed with the state that legally records the creation of a corporation.
For a Limited Liability Company - A copy of your Articles of Organization and/or Certificate of OrganizationDocuments filed with the state outlining the formation of a limited liability company.  
For a Partnership – A copy of your partnership agreementA contract between partners that sets out the terms and conditions of the partnership. 
Lease Agreement or Proof of Property Ownership

If you are leasing the property/premises where you will be conducting your operations, you must submit a copy of your signed and dated lease agreement. 

This agreement must show that the property owner knows how you intend to use the property and gives consent for you to use the building/land for this purpose.

We need this information even if the owners or officers of the company own the property and are leasing to the company. 

If you own the property/premises then you must provide proof of ownership, such as a deed.

Signing Authority Authorization

You must supply proof that any person who will sign documents, forms, reports, etc., or who will correspond with TTB about this business, has legal authority to do so.  Proof of signing authority includes such things as:

Diagram of the AFP

The diagram of the premises must:   

  • Show where operations will take place
  • Show where product will be stored


Previous PageNext Page



Permits Online makes it easy for you to electronically apply for and update the permit, registration, or notice you need to operate a TTB-regulated business. Once you have registered to use Permits Online, just log in and follow the instructions and prompts for submitting your application package. There is no fee to apply.



Last updated: April 1, 2024