Disaster Claims

When certain natural disasters occur and alcohol or tobacco inventory is damaged, a business owner may file a claim for the excise taxes paid on the unmerchantable products. Under certain circumstances, the tax money may be refunded for alcohol and tobacco products. If you wish to file such a claim, read the flyer in this packet and follow the instructions.



TTB F I 1200.68

Disaster Information Flyer

Tax and Fee Rates


TTB F 5620.8

Claim - Alcohol and Tobacco Taxes

Back to Permits homepage.

Page last reviewed: March 20, 2019
Page last updated: March 20, 2019
Maintained by: National Revenue Center