Requirements for Small Alcohol Fuel Plant Operations


TTB has approved your application as a small alcohol fuel plant (AFP). A copy of your permit should be forwarded to the appropriate state agency, if required. You should keep your permit and application on file at the permitted premises and available for examination by TTB officials.  For more information about requirements, including the life of an AFP permit see our AFP Web page.

This permit is conditioned upon compliance with federal laws and regulations. You are required to:

  • Gauge distilled spirits
  • Take inventories
  • Maintain records of your operations
  • File reports

The following information explains the requirements you must meet to maintain your business.


Green icon with a white phone. CONTACT US
For more information, please contact the National Revenue Center toll free at 877-882-3277 / 877-TTB-FAQS, or by email at National Revenue Center. Visit our NRC Contacts page for a complete listing of NRC's contact information.

Page last reviewed: May 29, 2015
Page last updated: July 17, 2020 
Maintained by: Office of Communications