Tools & Guides
Get Email Updates
Distilled Spirits Labeling
- Alcohol Infused Whipped Cream Distilled Spirits Products - TTB requires a statement of composition on the label of products such as alcohol infused whipped cream that identifies for consumers the type of distilled spirit in the product, and as a result, the fact that the product is an alcohol beverage.
- Allowable Changes to Approved Labels - You can make certain changes to your labels without obtaining a new COLA. If you are considering making changes to previously approved labels, please review the complete list of allowable revisions-you may not need to send us the revised labels at all!
- Industry Circular 2014-2, Expansion of Allowable Revisions to Approved Alcohol Beverage Labels
- COLAs Online - COLAs Online is an Internet based system that allows registered Industry Members to complete the label certification and approval process online.
- COLAs Online eNews - This quarterly electronic newsletter designed with the users of our Web-based label approval system in mind. Each issue provides useful and timely information that helps registered users understand and use COLAs Online to their best advantage.
- Distilled Spirits Labels - This TTB brochure provides explanations of the information that must be provided to the public on a distilled spirits label.
- Labels with Organic Claims - This web page provides details on the new standards for the production, handling, processing, labeling, and marketing of products labeled with organic claims.
- Alcohol Labeling Fact Methods - TTB periodically reviews labeling and advertising claims by taking samples of alcohol beverage products for validation purposes. This web page provides details on this process.
- Mandatory Labeling Requirements - The Beverage Alcohol Manual (BAM) for Distilled Spirits is an Adobe Acrobat PDF with a detailed explanation of the information that must appear on any distilled spirits label.
- Market-based Sampling Programs - Random survey of products in the marketplace to determine if products are in compliance with our labeling regulations.
- MOU Between TTB and the Agricultural Marketing Service - Agreement on the coordination of organic labeling and advertising.
- Personalized Labels - TTB provides the beverage alcohol industry with clear guidance on our long standing policies as it relates to personalized labeling.
- Alcohol Beverage Formula Approval Your distilled spirit may require formula approval or laboratory sample analysis before you may submit your labels. Check if your beverage requires formula approval or lab analysis.
- Public COLA Registry Search - This internet application allows you to search for existing Certificate of label Approvals (COLAs). This is the public module of the COLAs Online System that requires no username or password. Per FOIA requirements, It contains details of Approved, Expired, Surrendered or Revoked COLAs for viewing by the general public. A robust search function is available as well.
- Use of the Term Absinthe – Guidance on the use of the term Absinthe in the advertising of Distilled Spirits