Singapore’s food regulations require that all prepacked foods, including drinks, sold must be properly labeled.  The labeling laws are enforced by the Food Control Division of the Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority (AVA).  The following information must be provided in English:

  • Product name
  • List of ingredients in descending order of proportions by weight.
  • Name and address of manufacturer, importer, packer and distributor.
  • Country of origin of the product.
  • Additional information as required by the Food Regulations.
  • Expiry date (if applicable)

Back to Top


The following is a list of documents that may expedite the customs declaration process:

  • Certificate of Origin
  • Health certificate
  • Laboratory analysis reports (if any)
  • Certificate of age (for brandy or whisky)

Back to Top


(Please note: The importer must be a Singapore registered company or business with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority or ACRA in order to register for the processes below)

The importer must register with Singapore Customs (SC) in order to obtain a Central Registration (CR) Number.  Importers may apply via the internet:

Importers must also register with the Food Control Division (FCD) of the Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority (AVA).  The application for a registration number may be completed online at  This registration number is used when submitting import declarations through the TradeNet system.  TradeNet is an electronic trade documentation system maintained by IE Singapore in order to facilitate import/export documentation.

Back to Top


An import permit issued by the AVA is required for every consignment of product to be imported.  Importers may apply for the import permits by declaring their imports through the TradeNet system, which will automatically route the declaration to FCD for processing. Upon approval, the import permit for the consignment is incorporated in the Cargo Clearance Permit supplied by the TradeNet system to the importer.  Under this system, import permit applications that are not accompanied by the importers Registration Number will be automatically rejected by the system.

A Customs Inward Permit must be obtained for movement of the liquors from the point of import to a licensed warehouse for storage. The importer or his agent may obtain the permit electronically via the TradeNet System.

Duties and GST have to be paid before the alcoholic beverages are released for sales/consumption locally. Any person wishing to import intoxicating liquors and tobacco products for local sale or consumption has to apply for a Duty and GST payment permit electronically via the TradeNet System.

Back to Top


For the most current tariffs and taxes applied to imported products for this country, please visit the Online Tariff Database provided by Tariffic.  Please ensure you have a 10-digit HS classification code in order to obtain tariff information.  Also see the Census Bureau’s Schedule B search function (, which allows you to classify your product according to United States export codes. Simply click "Search" and enter the keyword (i.e. beer) that best describes your product.

Back to Top


Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority (AVA)
5 Maxwell Road, #03-00
Tower Block, MND Complex
Singapore 069110
Tel: (+65) 6325 2579
Fax: (+65) 6324 4563

Customs & Excise Department
Singapore Government
55 Newton Road,
#02-01 Podium Block, Revenue House,
Singapore 307987
Tel: (+65) 355 2000
Fax: (+65) 250 9606

U.S. Department of Agriculture
American Embassy in Singapore
541 Orchard Road, #15-03,
Liat Towers,
Singapore 238881
Tel: (+65) 6737 1233
Fax: (+65) 6732 8307
E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Singapore Embassy, Washington
3501 International Place, NW
Washington DC 20008
Tel: 001-1-(202) 537-3100
Fax: 001-1-(202) 537-0876
E-Mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The information in this guide was obtained from external sources, including the websites of various governmental agencies and organizations, direct contact with those agencies and organizations, and from Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) Attaché reports.  Consequently, the accuracy of this information depends upon the accuracy of the sources.

TTB is not responsible for the content of external websites.

This page was last reviewed on August 17, 2010.

Back to Top

Page last reviewed/updated: 03/20/2017