Please note that all of the information below may be in English, except for the warning statement, which must be in Thai.

  • Brand Name
  • Alcohol concentration (by degree or percentage)
  • Quantity (volume)
  • Warning statement: “Drinking alcoholic beverages decreases driving ability”
  • Name and address of winery, factory, or importer
  • Symbol of product registration (when applicable)

Back to Top


  • Import license (from Excise Department)
  • Commercial invoice
  • Certificate of Origin
  • Bill of Lading
  • Invoice
  • Export Packing List (if any)
  • Air Waybill
  • Certificate of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) – i.e. a statement which verifies that the food product has been manufactured by an approved U.S. processing plant.  (Thailand also accepts a Certificate of Free Sale and Sanitation from those exporting from the U.S.)

Back to Top


Importers are required to obtain licenses issued by the Excise Department (Ministry of Finance) if they plan to:

  • Import more than a liter of alcohol;
  • Transport untaxed alcohol from a factory;
  • Transport more than ten (10) liters of alcohol;
  • Transport more than one liter but less than ten (10) liters of alcohol between specified territories (provinces); or,
  • Sell alcoholic beverages

Back to Top


Imported goods may not legally enter into Thailand until the shipment has arrived at specified port of entry and delivery of the merchandise has been authorized by the Customs Department.  Customs clearance can be done in person or electronically using Form “Gor Sor Gor 99,” through the EDI or “Electronic Data Interchange” system.

Back to Top


Excise stamps are used to indicate that the excise duties on alcohol products have been paid.

For the most current tariffs and taxes applied to imported products for this country, please visit the Online Tariff Database provided by Tariffic.  Please ensure you have a 10-digit HS classification code in order to obtain tariff information.  Also see the Census Bureau’s Schedule B search function (, which allows you to classify your product according to United States export codes. Simply click "Search" and enter the keyword (i.e. beer) that best describes your product.

Back to Top


U.S. Embassy, Bangkok
Office of Agricultural Affairs
120-122 Wireless Road
Lumpini, Pathumwan
Bangkok 10330
Tel: 662-205-5106
Fax: 662-255-2907
E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Excise Department, Ministry of Finance
License of Alcoholic Beverages
License Subdivision
Bureau of Tax Administration 1
Excise Department
1488 Nakhonchaisri Rd
Dusit, Bangkok 10300
Tel: (662) 243-0525

Royal Thai Embassy, Washington, D.C.
1024 Wisconsin Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20007
Tel: (202) 467-6790-3
Fax: (202) 429-2949
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Customs Department, Kingdom of Thailand
1 Soonthornkosa Road
Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110
Tel: 662-2490431-40

Food & Drug Administration, Ministry of Public Health
Import License, Product Registration
& Label Approval, Food Control Division
Tivanont Road, Muang
Nonthaburi 11000
Tel: (662) 590-7178
Fax (662) 591-8460
Contact: Ms. Suchitra Setha-udom (Director)
E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.




The information in this guide was obtained from external sources, including the websites of various governmental agencies and organizations, direct contact with those agencies and organizations, and from Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) Attaché reports.  Consequently, the accuracy of this information depends upon the accuracy of the sources.

TTB is not responsible for the content of external websites.

This page was last reviewed on August 17, 2010.

Back to Top

Page last reviewed: September 09, 2012
Page last updated: January 16, 2018
Maintained by: International Affairs Division