U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

CBMA Import Claims System is Almost Here: Create your Account Now!

March 24, 2023 │Office of Communications



New functionality is available in myTTB.  Alcohol importers planning to submit a refund claim for CBMA tax benefits can now:

  • Create a myTTB account
  • Get access to and “activate” your entity (invite Key Contacts for your company to myTTB)
  • Add users and assign roles for the CBMA Import Claims system

What you need to doReview instructions on getting started in myTTB.

After creating a myTTB account, you’ll be able to get access to your company’s information in myTTB by activating your entity.  You will need to “Activate your Entity” prior to submitting a CBMA import claim.  This step connects your existing TTB importer permit information in Permits Online with your new myTTB account.  Key Contacts are able to invite additional users and assign them access to the CBMA Import Claims system.

The CBMA Import Claims system will be available to users on April 3, 2023.  TTB will provide additional information about the CBMA Import Claims system soon.  More information about CBMA import refund claims is available here.

Note: Activating your entity and accessing the CBMA Import Claim system require identify verification with Login.gov or ID.me.  This one-time process helps keep your company’s information safe and prevents fraud and identity theft.  Both providers use multifactor authentication and require strong passwords based on guidelines set by the National Institute of Standards and Technology.


Related Information

Tax Benefits under the Craft Beverage Modernization Act (CBMA)

Last updated: January 24, 2023