Distilled Spirits Importation Information Resources
- U.S. Requirements for Importing Alcohol Beverages: This web page outlines all requirements that must be met to import alcohol beverages into the U.S.
- Importing Alcohol for Personal Use: The web page defines how imported alcohol beverage products are classified for personal use.
Distilled Spirits Exportation Information Resources
- U.S. Requirements for Exporting Alcohol Beverages: This web page defines varying Federal requirements for the exportation of distilled spirits.
- Export Certificate Program - frequently asked questions about TTB's Export Certificate Program.
Distilled Spirits Wholesaler Information Resources
- Applying for a Permit - If you plan to purchase and sell alcohol at wholesale, you must first obtain a Basic Permit from TTB.
- Alcohol Wholesaler Application Packet - Wholesalers (WHL), businesses which sell beverage alcohol products at wholesale to other wholesalers or retailers must first obtain a Wholesaler's Basic Permit. Producers or manufacturers of beverage alcohol products need to apply for a Wholesaler's Basic Permit only if they intend to sell beverage alcohol products which they did not produce or manufacture.
- Wholesaler/Importer (Alcohol): Businesses which require a Basic Permit for Importing (to import and distribute foreign beverage alcohol) and Wholesaling (to distribute at wholesale, domestic beverage alcohol) from the same location may reduce the required paperwork by combining the applications.