Chemist Certification Program
- Beverage Alcohol Laboratory
- Nonbeverage Products Laboratory
- Compliance Laboratory
- Tobacco Laboratory
- Methods and Procedures
- News and Events
Tools & Guides
TTB offers the Chemist Certification Program as a service to the alcohol beverage industry to facilitate the export of beverage alcohol to foreign markets.
Chemists in the private industry are certified by TTB to analyze alcohol beverages for the analytes listed in TTB Procedure 2018-2.
Many countries that require testing as a condition of entry accept a report of analysis of alcohol beverages from a TTB-certified chemist.
How to Apply
Chemists applying for certification will need to:
- Submit a request on laboratory or company letterhead,
- Include all of the items listed under question 9 of TTB Procedure 2018-2,
- Send via email to ChemistCertification@ttb.gov.
Full details on application requirements can be found in TTB Procedure 2018-2 at question 9.
- The certification is free of charge.
- You may apply during the two annual application periods: Spring – March 1 to April 1 or Fall – September 1 to October 1.
- Initial certification is valid for two years. Re-certification is required at the expiration of the two-year period.
Current List of Certified Chemists and Qualified Laboratories
The lists of certified chemists are updated twice a year – after the spring and fall cycles. The current lists by commodity are below.
Certified Chemists List