U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

TTB Form 5110.11



The purpose of completing TTB Form 5110.11 is to report storage account activity for a Beverage or Industrial Distilled Spirits Plant. This report is to be filed if the operation of warehouseman is shown on your permit and registration.

If there is no activity during the month, you are required to file the report showing zeros.

Deadlines for Filing

This form is to be filed no later than the 15th of the month following the reporting period.

Forward the original to: 

TTB National Revenue Center
550 Main Street, Room 8002
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202

Before You Begin

Please note – you must complete and submit a storage report on Form 5110.11 for each of these four sources of products that you hold in storage for any given month:

  1. Domestic Spirits and all Wines
  2. Imported Spirits
  3. Puerto Rican Spirits
  4. Virgin Islands Spirits

For example, your plant is holding several types of spirits products produced in the US, plus you hold in storage Scotch Whisky, Canadian Whisky, and Puerto Rican Rum. You would complete three Forms 5110.11 for each month when you hold these types of spirits products. You must check the appropriate block at the top of the form under “Report Covers”. In this example, you would show the Canadian whisky and Scotch whisky on the “Imported Spirits” storage report, and the Puerto Rican rum on the “Puerto Rican Spirits” report. You would also complete a “Domestic Spirits and All Wines” storage report for your other products.


  • Negative numbers may not be entered on this report. The report is designed to balance showing gains and losses of spirits as may be appropriate for each column
  • Line 6 of each column must be equal to Line 24 for each column, and you must enter totals for each line in column (m). Enter all totals on all original and amended reports.
  • See 27 CFR Part 5 and 27 CFR Part 19 requirements and definitions concerning the standards of identity and class or type of spirits products. The columns and lines on the report forms refer to these standards.
  • Before using blank Lines 5 or 21 to report anything other than Gains on Line 5, consult with your TTB National Revenue Center specialist at 1-877-882-3277.
  • Clearly enter the correct month and year the report covers in the upper right corner block of the report; if you are submitting an amended report, please clearly mark “Amended Report” in the top margin of the form. If you need to file an amended report, you must complete all lines on the amended operational report form. You must fill in each applicable line on the new, amended form even if you are not amending that particular line from the original report.
  • Please refer to guidance in TTB Industry Circular 2004-4

The following is a list of all the materials and related information you should collect before beginning Form 5110.11.

  • EIN number
  • Registry number (Enter in the “Plant Number” block)
  • Name and address of your bonded premise – exactly as it appears on your registration and permit.
  • A copy of the completed Form 5110.11 you submitted for the previous month
  • Documentation of inventories taken this quarter. Remember, your On-hand, first of month for this month must agree with the On-hand, end of month from the previous month
  • Documentation to provide sufficient support for adjustments
  • Documentation to provide sufficient support for reported losses
  • Copies of prior month's Form 5110.40, Form 5110.28, and Form 5110.43, as may be applicable to your operations
  • Documentation to support the current month's transactions and summary records that support entries on the Form 5110.11 and other monthly reports

Return to Top


The TTB Form 5110.11 in this tutorial has been enhanced to provide links to frequently asked questions (FAQ) about various areas of the form.

To display the FAQ information for a relevant section, simply roll over the desired section/field.

  1. What is a proof gallon and how do I convert regular gallons to proof gallons?

    A proof gallon is one liquid gallon of spirits that is 50% alcohol at 60 degrees Fahrenheit. For example: Distilled Spirits* bottled at 80 proof (40% alcohol) would be 0.8 proof gallons per gallon of liquid. At 125 proof, a gallon of liquid would be 1.25 proof gallons. In the industrial and fuel industries, most alcohol is at 190 or 200 degrees of proof. One gallon of alcohol that is 200 proof is equal to 2.0 proof gallons. Refer to 27 CFR Part 19 and 27 CFR Part 30 concerning procedures for determining proof, gauging spirits to determine quantity by weight or volume, or other procedures and regulations concerning measurement of alcohol.

    *(also known in beverage and industrial or fuel industries as alcohol or ethanol)

  2. Do I fill out my reports in proof gallons or regular gallons?

    Three of the required monthly operational reports submitted by a Distilled Spirits Plant (Forms 5110.40 – Production; 5110.11 – Storage; F 5110.28 – Processing) are completed using proof gallons. The fourth report – Form 5110.43 – Processing (Denaturing) – is completed in wine gallons (regular US liquid gallons).

    All denatured alcohol and articles manufactured from denatured alcohol are shown in records and reports in wine gallons. Line 11 of Form 5110.28, Used for Denaturation, is expressed in proof gallons. The corresponding line 2 of the Form 5110.43, Produced (denatured spirits) is expressed in wine gallons – it reflects the net quantity of wine gallons of spirits, plus added denaturing materials reflected in the finished denatured alcohol product.

  3. I am approved for particular types of operations on my permit, how do I know what reports to file?

    All plants must be qualified as a warehouseman or distiller, in addition to any processing operations. Your actual operations and the way that you move spirits between and within your production, storage and processing accounts determine how you report your activity.

    • Form TTB F 5110.40 (Monthly Report of Production Operations) – You must file this report if distilling/production operations appear on your DSP permit and registration.
    • Form TTB F 5110.11 (Monthly Report of Storage Operations) – You must file this report to report storage account activity at a beverage or industrial DSP. You must file this report if the operation of warehouseman appears on your DSP permit and registration.
    • Form TTB F 5110.28 (Monthly Report of Processing Operations) – You must file this report if you conduct processing (rectifying), bottling, packaging, or denaturing operations at your DSP.
    • Form TTB F 5110.43 (Report of Processing (Denaturing) Operations) – You must file this report if you report monthly denaturing activity conducted by industrial DSPs that are authorized to denature spirits and/or manufacture articles.
  4. What if I am not doing all the operations that were approved on my permit? Do I still need to file the reports that correspond to that type of operation?

    Yes. You must file the reports even though you do not currently have any reportable activity. However, if your inactivity will be for an extended period of time, you may request a variance from regulations allowing you to defer filing until such time as you engage in reportable operations for one of the reports. For example, if you are qualified as a warehouseman and processor, and your style of operations does not currently involve storage of spirits in bulk (spirits are entered into processing account upon receipt at your plant) you may obtain approval from TTB to defer filing of storage reports until you begin storing spirits. Such approvals are granted on a case-by-case basis.

  5. How do I determine whether I am engaged in storage operations requiring filing of the storage report?

    Warehousing (storage) of spirits can be a subjective determination. However, here are a few instances requiring a storage report as guidelines:

    • You produce whisky, brandy or rum and fill wooden barrels in your production account; you plan to age these products for a number of years.
    • You receive wooden barrels of whisky, brandy or rum and enter them into your storage account.
    • You receive bulk quantities of neutral spirits and hold the spirits in tanks pending a determination of the ultimate use of the spirits.
    • You receive large quantities of alcohol and await orders for further processing (beverage or denatured) before transferring the product into your processing account.

    Generally, storage is when you hold bulk quantities of product without specific plans for further processing.

  6. What is a 5010 credit and how do I compute?

    Under 26 U.S.C. 5001 and 7652 a tax is imposed on all spirits produced in or imported into the United States at $13.50 per proof gallon. Wines containing more than 24 percent of alcohol by volume are taxed as spirits. A credit against this tax is allowed under 26 U.S.C. 5010 on each proof gallon of alcohol derived from eligible wine or eligible alcohol-containing flavors which do not exceed 2.5 percent of the finished product on a proof gallon basis.

    Eligible wines are other than standard (OTS) wines that have not been subject to distillation at a distilled spirits plant and that contain no more than 0.392 g of carbon dioxide per 100 ml. Eligible flavors are those that have been approved by the Nonbeverage Products Laboratory. The producers or importers of distilled spirits are eligible for this credit if the distilled spirits contain an eligible wine and/or eligible flavor used in producing a batch of spirits produced in accordance with an approved formula.

Return to Top

How to avoid problems with monthly reports

  1. TTB monthly reports must be completed and submitted to TTB's National Revenue Center (NRC) by no later than the 15th day of the month following the reporting period, even if there is no activity during the month.
  2. Retain copies of these reports for at least 3 years from the date of the report.
  3. When completing the forms:
    • Be careful that all the information is entered on the right lines of the form.
    • Review the reports before sending them. Carefully add the numbers to insure they are correct, check for accurate inventory flow (beginning inventory plus additions minus withdrawals equal ending inventory) and check for clerical errors related to missing and/ or incorrectly recorded information.
  4. A good way to avoid problems with the reports is by using Pay.gov. It does many of the calculations and totals on the forms. For more information see Pay.gov User Guides
  5. For questions or concerns, please call TTB's National Revenue Center at 1-877-TTB-FAQS (1-877-882-3277) toll free; email ttbinternetquestions@ttb.treas.gov.

Return to Top

Last updated: May 1, 2024