Formulation/Malt Beverage and Distilled Spirits Office
- Examining domestic alcohol beverage formulas and pre-import formulas, submitted electronically or by paper, to ensure product integrity, accurate product identification, correct tax classification, and compliance with Federal laws and regulations.
- Reviewing and processing TTB Form 5100.31, Application for and Certification/Exemption of Label/Bottle Approval (COLA) submitted electronically or by paper for malt beverage and distilled spirits labels, and issuing certificates of label approval or exemptions for these products.
- Answering inquiries via phone, e-mail, and fax on a wide range of domestic and import issues and concerns relating to the production and formulation of wine, distilled spirits, and malt beverage products, Formulas Online, and labeling of malt beverages and distilled spirits.
Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau
Alcohol Labeling and Formulation Division
1310 G Street, NW, Box 12
Washington, DC 20005
Customer Service Desk (202) 453-2250
or Toll Free (866) 927-ALFD (2533)
FAX: (202) 453-2984
We offer callers to the Customer Service line the opportunity to select the best option that pertains to your inquiry. The following are the options that you will hear. Please listen carefully and select the correct prompt.
- Address, Fax and Hours of Operation;
- Technical Questions Regarding COLAs Online and COLAs Online Password Resets;
- COLAs/Formulas Online Registration;
- Formulation, Statements of Process, Pre-Import Letters, Formulas Online, Malt Beverage Labels or Distilled Spirit Labels;
- Alcohol Advertising; and,
- Technical Questions Regarding Wine Labeling or Status of Wine Applications.