Winery/Taxpaid Wine Bottling House

Anyone wishing to operate a Bonded Winery (BW or BWN), Bonded Wine Cellar (BWC) or Taxpaid Wine Bottling House (TPWBH) must first apply to TTB and receive permission to start operations.  We encourage everyone to apply using our totally free online application system, Permits Online.  Permits Online eliminates the need to mail in forms, which saves you time and effort and generally results in faster processing of your application.  Applicants not using Permits Online must use the application packet below and mail in the application.  Proprietors of Bonded Wineries, Bonded Wine Cellars and Taxpaid Wine Bottling Houses may not begin operations until TTB gives approval.



Attention Winery Applicants


Wine Premises Application Checklist


TTB F 5000.8

Power of Attorney

TTB F 5000.9

Personnel Questionnaire

TTB F 5000.29

Environmental Information

TTB F 5000.30

Supplemental Information on Water Quality Considerations

TTB F 5100.1

Signing Authority for Corporate and LLC Officials

Instructions for completion of Form 5100.24

TTB F 5100.24

Application for Basic Permit Under FAA Act

Specific Instructions for completion of Form 5120.25

TTB F 5120.25

Application to Establish and Operate Wine Premises

Wine Bond Worksheet


Wine Bond Regulations

Excerpts provided for your convenience

TTB F 5120.36

Wine Bond

Interest/Stockholders List

Sample format: Reporting stock/share distributions



Industry Circular 2004-2



Application for Employer Identification Number

SS-4 Instructions

Application for Employer Identification Number Instructions

SS4 (Puerto Rico)


SS4 (Puerto Rico) Instructions


Required: Source of Funds & Property Lease Information


Part 1, FAA Act Regulations

Excerpts provided for your convenience

Submit by Company


Information for Alternating Proprietors

See Frequently Asked Question W10

Industry Circular 2008-4


Back to Application Packet list.

Page last reviewed/updated: 03/19/2019