The Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) implements and enforces a broad range of statutory and compliance provisions to ensure that alcohol products are created, labeled, and marketed in accordance with Federal laws and regulations.
Brewers must follow the labeling and advertising requirements found at 27 CFR Part 7, Labeling and Advertising of Malt Beverages and 2727 CFR Part 16 27 CFR Part 16 CFR Part 16 , Alcoholic Beverage Health Warning Statement.
Brewers also must follow the formulation requirements found at 27 CFR Part 25 (specifically, 27 CFR 25.55 – 25.58). When formula approval is required, brewers may submit them to TTB on letterhead.
- TTB F 5100.31, Application for Certification/Exemption of Label/Bottle Approval (COLA)
- TTB F 5013.2, COLAs Online Access Request form.
- 27 CFR Part 13, Labeling Proceeding
- 27 CFR Part 7, Labeling and Advertising of Malt Beverages
- 27 CFR Part 16 , Alcoholic Beverage Health Warning Statement
- 27 CFR Part 25, Beer
For more information on labels and formulations, you may contact the Advertising, Labeling, and Formulations Division (ALFD). Please click here for contact information.