TTB Signs MOU with China’s AQSIQSecretary of the Treasury Henry Paulson, Jr., Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) Assistant Administrator, William H. Foster signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with China’s General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine (AQSIQ) Vice Minister, Wei Chuanzhong to protect the public and to establish a consistent channel for information exchange on imported and exported alcohol and tobacco products.
The MOU will have long-standing positive effects on mutual understanding and interests in the areas of facilitating the compliant importation and exportation trade in alcohol and tobacco products. In forging paths to ensure a long-term economic partnership with China, key points of the MOU include:
- Establishing a consultative process to strengthen cooperation in the administration of import and export alcohol and tobacco regulations and compliance determinations,
- Establishing consultative and collaborative processes to provide exchanges of information with regard to the identity and quality of imported and exported alcohol and tobacco products,
- Complying with the relevant laws and regulations of the People’s Republic of China and the United States of America, respectively; and
- Undertaking cooperative activities under the MOU based on available resources.
- Memorandum of Understanding text (PDF)
- Memorandum of Understanding text in Chinese (PDF)
- Letter of Intent between Import/Export Safety Bureau of AQSIQ and TTB (PDF)