New Visitor's Guide
Welcome to the Official Website for the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB)!
If this is your first time to our site, you may need some help getting started. From the sections below, choose the heading that best describes you or your reason for visiting us today. If you're just curious about TTB.gov, read the quick guide and take a tour of the site. Or, you can learn more by subscribing to email updates, reading answers to common questions, or contacting us.
- Subscribe to TTB News Feeds
- Subscribe to TTB Newsletters
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Change Your Text Size
- Contact TTB
Industry Members/Small Businesses
Are you thinking about starting a business, or wondering how to get a permit for importing alcohol? We have this information available, organized by the type of business. Simply click the Home tab at the top of the page and select the appropriate commodity in the dropdown menu, or select from the links below.
- Information and Applications for Permits
- Beer Homepage
- Wine Homepage
- Distilled Spirits Homepage
- Other Alcohol Homepage (including industrial alcohol, nonbeverage alcohol, alcohol fuel, denatured alcohol, tax-free alcohol, and distillation of ethanol)
- Tobacco Homepage
- Firearms and Ammunition Excise Tax Homepage
Tutorials and Job Aids
We at TTB know that our resources can best help you if you know how to use them. That's why we have online training and reference guides in our Learning Center that will show you how to get the most out of our resources, and how to conduct business online with TTB.
Visit the TTB Learning Center
An important part of our mission is to protect the public. Learn how our regulations and laws protect consumers, and how you can report suspected violations of those laws or regulations. The information below is tailored specifically for consumers and members of the public.
- TTB's Responsibilities
- Alcohol Labeling and Advertising
- Alcohol and Tobacco Consumption and Abuse Prevention
- Protecting the Environment
- Product Safety and Testing
- Filing a Complaint
Want to learn more about us? Start here.
- Student Research
- Electronic Reading Room
- Submitting a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Request
- About TTB
- TTB History
- Report Suspected Fraud, Diversion, or Other Illegal Activity
Good or bad, we'd love to hear from you. Contact us about: