Director, Intelligence Division
The Intelligence Division (ID) collects, analyzes, and shares intelligence with other TTB divisions to enforce laws and regulations. ID includes the Risk Management Branch (RM), which develops, implements, and analyzes risk for Field Operations.
What We Do
ID responsibilities include:
- Collecting information from other TTB divisions and commercial and law enforcement databases;
- Coordinating intelligence efforts with counterparts from other State, Federal, and foreign intelligence and law enforcement organizations.
- Analyzing intelligence to (1) identify potential targets and schemes for audit or investigation by Field Operations and (2) support open cases.
- Distributing intelligence to other TTB divisions using reports, referrals, or information papers.
- Using risk management principles to help guide the Tax Audit Division (TAD) and the Trade Investigations Division (TID) annual operating plans.
- Administering the TTB-IRS Interagency Agreement by investigating and preparing criminal cases for prosecution that involve violations of tax and trade laws under TTB's jurisdiction.
Intelligence Division Resources and Links