Permits Online Tutorial
Part One - What You Need To Know Before You Apply (Alcohol Fuel Plant)
What Are Some of the Things We Will Ask You In the Application?
- Description of the Plant Premises – Description of the area to be used for the AFP operations.
- Persons Associated with the Business - You have to identify each partner, officer, director, trustee, manager, member, managing member, and sole proprietor, in addition to any stock/interest holder with a stake of 10% or more of the business and any trust or company holding ownership in the company.
- AFP Premises Security - A description of the security measures to be used to protect the premises, buildings, and equipment where spirits are produced, processed, and stored.
- Equipment - A description of the stills on the premises and a statement of the maximum capacity of each.
- Materials Used - A description of the materials from which spirits will be produced
- Personnel Questionnaires (PQs) – We need information about certain individuals associated with the business. This information is submitted in Permits Online via a Personnel Questionnaire (PQ), with one PQ for each required person.
We’ll need a PQ for everyone associated in the AFP that is one of the following:
- Stock/interest holder holding 10% or more of the shares
- Sole proprietor
- Member, manager, and/or managing member
Some of the information we require on the PQ is:
- Place of birth
- Details regarding the individual’s arrest, criminal, and business history
If a PQ will be submitted separately from the rest of the AFP application package, you need to submit it before you begin the AFP application process since you’ll need the tracking number assigned to the PQ when you prepare the application package. This allows us to match the right people up with the application package later on.