TTB Learning Center: Get Training
|Get the training and online assistance you need from our learning center. Choose your training source.|
General Business Operations Training and Outreach
- Thinking About Starting a New Business
- Starting any business is a significant decision that involves planning, financing, and licensing and other legal activities. See the steps from start to finish that will get you on your way.
- Get Started in a TTB-Regulated Business
- TTB's interactive tutorial gives you an easy-to-understand overview of the steps involved in starting a new business that will be regulated by TTB.
Maintaining Compliance in a TTB-Regulated Industry
This tool will guide you through the requirements for your business operations and the information you need to succeed.
- Wine Online Seminar
- Need first-hand, in-depth knowledge of wine industry operations without traveling to a seminar? TTB's online Wine Industry Seminar has the valuable information you need while learning at your own pace. Download the TTB Wine Seminar Handout Packet.
- Drawback Tutorial
- This step-by-step guide demonstrates a more effective way to complete TTB Form 5154.1. Guidelines for submissions of nonbeverage product formulas to the TTB Laboratory and sample calculations for items 9 & 10 are provided for the most common types of submissions.
- Forms Helpful Hints and Tips
Helpful hints, tutorials, user guides, instructions and samples to help you complete some of TTB's more complex and popular forms and reports.
- Top 10 Reasons for Beverage Formula Submission Returns
Want to get your formula application right the first time? Then check out the list of top 10 most frequent reasons for returns of beverage formula submissions in Formulas Online.
- How to Prepare an American Viticultural Area (AVA) Petition
The AVA Manual includes guidance on how to prepare a petition and evaluate information on distinguishing features. TTB encourages petitioners to review the manual before drafting or submitting a petition. We maintain a list of established AVAs at TTB.gov. We also maintain as a list of perfected AVA petitions that we have accepted for consideration; in other words, they have met all requirements but we have yet to determine whether to move forward with a notice of proposed rulemaking.
- Quick Reference Guide to Wine Excise Tax
This guide is intended to be a brief overview of the basic requirements for the proper computation and filing of wine excise tax.
- Gunsmith Information Packet
This packet provides detailed information on gunsmith activities and how FAET liability may pertain to these activities.
- New Visitor's Guide
Learn about our site and take a tour.
- TTB Glossary
An alphabetized list of definitions for terms used by TTB.
Find the latest TTB event or other industry event where TTB will participate. Request TTB to speak at your next event.
TTB Online Reference Guides and Tutorials
- Permits Online Help Center
Guidance, videos, and tools to help you get the most out of Permits Online.
- TTB Online Help Center
Technical support and tips for troubleshooting some common issues with the TTB Online applications
- COLAs Online User Manual
Provides information on how to operate the COLAs Online system for authenticated users. The COLAs Online system allows for the submission and tracking of Applications for and Certification/Exemption of Bottle/Label Approval via TTB F 5100.31.
- Formulas Online Reference Guide
Guide especially for submitters of electronic alcohol beverage formula applications
- Permits Online Tutorial
Learn how to apply for a permit online
- Learn About Pay.gov
System for processing and electronically filing federal excise taxes
Common Compliance Issues Series
- Common Compliance Issues in a TTB Brewery Audit Tutorial - Under Review
- Common Compliance and Tax Issues in a TTB Distilled Spirits Plant - Under Review
- Common Compliance Issues in a TTB Bonded Wine Premises (BWP) Audit - Under Review
- TTB Trade Practices Video Series
This video series explains the history leading up to the trade practice rules, defines the related terms, and walks through the four prohibited trade practices.
- Distilled Spirits - Frequently Used Proofing Processes
- This video series guides you through the steps for proofing distilled spirits. These short instructional videos explain the techniques and processes involved in proofing spirits.