- Beverage Alcohol Laboratory
- Nonbeverage Products Laboratory
- Compliance Laboratory
- Tobacco Laboratory
- Chemist Certification
- News and Events
Tools & Guides
- Drawback Tutorial
- Distilled Spirits Proofing Videos
- Getting Started in TTB-Regulated Industry
- Maintaining Compliance in a TTB-Regulated Business
- Laws, Regulations, and Public Guidance
- TTB Glossary
Nonbeverage Drawback Alcohol
Nonbeverage drawback alcohol is pure alcohol, the same as that used for consumption. However, when a manufacturer uses that alcohol in the production of a food, flavor, medicine or perfume that is approved by the Nonbeverage Products Laboratory as unfit for beverage purposes, he or she can claim a return on most of the distilled spirits excise tax paid.
- Complete Packet Form 5154.1, Formula and Process for Nonbeverage Product or submit this form electronically using Formulas Online. For help on how to register and submit formulas electronically please see nonbeverage products webinars.
- Determine if sample submission is required by reviewing the Drawback Tutorial. If so, submit a composition of the product and 2 ounce sample of the finished product to:
Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau
Nonbeverage Products Laboratory
6000 Ammendale Road
Beltsville, MD 20705-1250
- After approval of TTB F 5154.1, Formula and Process of Nonbeverage Product, the manufacturer may file a claim on TTB F 5620.8 and complete TTB F 5154.2 as an attachment to the claim. TTB F 5154.2 is the Supporting Data sheet for MNBP claims.