Trade Practices Rulings
This page contains IRS Revenue Rulings and ATF/TTB Rulings related to trade practices for alcohol beverage manufacturers and importers, as well as wholesalers and retailers in certain instances.
These rulings are available for your information; however, they are historical rulings that may have been modified, superseded, or made obsolete by changes in laws and regulations and may not be a complete listing of all current and valid rulings.
Recent Trade Practices Rulings
- 2017-2 Freshness Dating and Allowable Returns of Malt Beverage Products under the FAA Act
- 2016-1 The Shelf Plan and Shelf Schematic Exception to the "Tied House" Prohibition, and Activities Outside Such Exception
Historical Trade Practices Rulings
- 2012-4 Freshness Dating and Allowable Returns of Malt Beverage Products under the FAA Act
- 1985-5 Trade Practices Occurring Within Puerto Rico
- 1983-3 Use of Dissimilar Goods as "Free Goods"
- 1975-23 Records of "Salesman's Samples" of Distilled Spirits
- 1974-12 Unlawful Inducements
- 1958-562 Officer or Director of More Than One Company
- 1954-259 Sherman Anti-Trust Act
- 1954-161 Price Reductions, Rebates, Refunds, and Discounts
- 1954-151 Providing Glassware to Retailers