TTB Business Central - Starting a TTB-Regulated Business
What type of distilling operation do you want to start?
- Alcohol Fuel Plant – Small
- A small alcohol fuel plant produces and/or receives not more than 10,000 proof gallons of spirits in one calendar year.
- Alcohol Fuel Plant – Medium/Large
- A medium alcohol fuel plant produces and/or receives between 10,000 and 500,000 proof gallons of spirits in one calendar year. A large alcohol fuel plant produces and/or receives more than 500,000 proof gallons in one calendar year.
- Distilled Spirits Plant – Industrial
- A distilled spirits plant may be established to manufacture articles, or produce, bottle or package, denature or warehouse spirits for industrial use. These spirits are not intended for beverage use. Distilled spirits Vinegar Plants also fall into this category.
- Experimental Distilled Spirits Plant
- An experimental distilled spirits plant may be established for specific and limited periods of time solely for experimentation in or development of industrial spirits or sources of materials used to produce spirits or processes for producing or refining spirits.