The following Student Research resources will help you quickly locate information on the regulatory process, the laws and regulations we enforce, and more. We also provide industry statistics and historical agency information. If you can’t find the answer to your question, please contact us.
If you would like to make a request under the Freedom of Information Act, please visit our FOIA page for instructions.
- TTB History
- Alexander Hamilton and the Whiskey Tax
- The Whiskey Rebellion of 1794
- Eliot Ness: A Short Bio
- TTB Organization Chart
- Contact Us
Laws, Regulations, and Guidance
TTB enforces the laws and writes the regulations relating to the collection of alcohol, tobacco, and firearms and ammunition excises taxes, as well as the labeling, advertising and marketing of alcohol beverages. We enforce these laws and regulations in a manner that protects the revenue and the consumer, and promotes voluntary compliance.
Learn about the rulemaking process and how our regulations come to be, what they are, and where to find them.
- What is the rulemaking process?
- What is TTB’s authority under the United States Code?
- What Federal regulations pertain to TTB?
- What are Notices of Proposed Rulemaking?
- What other guidance does TTB provide to the public?
- Is there similar information at the State level?