Permits Online Tutorial

Part One - What You Need To Know Before You Apply (Wine)

Did you Know…?

  • Any adult may, without payment of tax, produce wine for personal or family use and not for sale.  The amount of wine that may be produced exempt from tax is limited to 200 gallons per calendar year for a household in which two or more adults reside, or 100 gallons per calendar year if there is only one adult residing in the household.
  • Generally you should have construction completed and necessary equipment in place or on order before you submit your application.
  • You must not begin operations until TTB has approved your application.


Menu Glossary
Next Page


Page last reviewed/updated: 07/19/2018